jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

What are the best moisturizing lotions for dry, sensitive skin?

1. prettynutjob30 profile image92
    prettynutjob30posted 2 years ago

What are the best moisturizing lotions for dry, sensitive skin?

My skin has been terribly dry this summer, but I have a hard time finding moisturizing lotions, that don't breakout my skin.

2. Austinstar profile image89
    Austinstarposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12456306_f260.jpg

Hands down, the best moisturizer and skin repair cream is Udderly Smooth. You can google it and buy it online or sometimes you can find it at Walmart.

1. prettynutjob30 profile image92
      prettynutjob30posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I have heard of this before, but didn't know anyone who had ever tried it. I will give it a try, my skin is so dry right now.

2. Austinstar profile image89
      Austinstarposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You will really like it!

3. Motherbynature profile image77
    Motherbynatureposted 2 years ago

The only thing I use is either organic coconut oil or unrefined shea butter.  They both absorb very quickly and don't feel greasy.  You don't need to use a lot.  Coconut oil and shea butter also help heal your skin and fade dark spots.  They even lessen the appearance of wrinkles and lines.  Shea butter also contains a natural sunscreen so you don't have to use an additional SPF unless you expect prolonged sun exposure like at the beach or a day outdoors.  I do have some perfumed lotions for certain occasions but that's not practical for me to use every day.

My husband is allergic to everything so I bought him some Cetaphil moisturizer.  While it does moisturize without breaking him out, it has a sticky or tacky feeling to it that feels especially gross in hot weather.  I don't recommend that one.

4. Bernadette Harris profile image81
    Bernadette Harrisposted 2 years ago

Coconut oil has been a game changer for me. I have very sensitive skin too (I can't even get into the weird things it's done with makeup!) but I find that all natural stuff works so much better for beauty issues than the garbage shoved in a can and sold to your for absurd prices in every drug store. Try the coconut oil. If you're prone to break out (I am too) do it every other day. It's odorless and feels nice and soothing. No lotion every worked for me as well.
    Note: it takes a little bit to soak in, so give yourself time (I mosy in the morning, so it works for me). I definitely wouldn't apply it if you were in a rush.

5. JasmineMaarschalk profile image62
    JasmineMaarschalkposted 2 years ago

My husband found that Apricot oil is actually supposed to be really good for the skin. He ordered some very inexpensively from Amazon. I just started using it and my skin feels the best its ever felt! The consistency is thicker than any other oils I've ever used in the past. It surprisingly doesn't have a scent though!

working