jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Urgent help needed! I have a job interview tom. & a hair bleaching process gone

1. keepitnatural profile image72
    keepitnaturalposted 2 years ago

Urgent help needed! I have a job interview tom. & a hair bleaching process gone drastically wrong!

I have dyed red hair with some dark root growth. I tried to bleach it blonde but ran out of product & now I have BRIGHT roots & faded red hair. All I have to hand is bleaching powder & 3% hydrogen peroxide. I was thinking of just adding some highlights to blend in the roots until I can get to my hairdresser! Will mixing the bleaching powder with the hydrogen peroxide achieve this!!??
    All assistance very much appreciated <3

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12552721_f260.jpg

2. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 2 years ago

keepitnatural,
    I'm not a professional, but I do color my own hair. It seems like the easiest thing to do would be to color your roots with the red color. Make sure to color the dark roots at the widow's peak.
    Good luck,
    Lisa

1. keepitnatural profile image72
      keepitnaturalposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Lisa, I think you're right!

3. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 2 years ago

Been there, done that!! A couple times actually. If rushed for time I would just come in with a darker color to cover it back up. Otherwise I would go auburn or red.

4. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

Wear your hair in an Up-do.....It will look professional and hide your mistake.   Another alternative would be to wear a pretty hat of some sort that matches your outfit.   Don't sweat the small stuff!...and Good Luck!

5. keepitnatural profile image72
    keepitnaturalposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12557140_f260.jpg

Thanks guys, took a risk & I guess this time it paid off!
    "THANK YOU!"

6. profile image58
    thatgirlismeposted 2 years ago

Hi,
    you have to make your hair roots darker than the rest of your hair, that's how it should be looks like, use a mix of :  1 part of bleaching powder 3%,  1egg yolk and 2 teaspoon of instant coffee. leave the mix on all the hair for about 10 minutes and rince it.

working