How to color my dark brown hair to purple.

1. profile image58
    Danna Paulposted 12 months ago

How to color my dark brown hair to purple.

I have tried many different purple dyes and have never been able to get it a true purple. My last try was to lighten my hair to a yellowish color and then use matrix 5.VV with 30 developer for 15 minutes.It turned out a nice shade of brown but no hint of purple at all. I am trying to get my hair a dark brown with a vibrant purple but the purple never seems to show. Can you give me any suggestions on how to make this happen?
    Many thanks

2. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 12 months ago

The reason your hair is turning brown, not purple, is because your stripped hair is still too yellow. Yellow is the opposing color from purple on the color wheel, so you end up with brown. Your inadequately stripped hair color and your colorant are essentially canceling each other out.

Any time you want to take dark hair to a lighter, brighter color, you should go to a professional to have it done. The amount of stripping it takes to get dark brown hair to platinum or white, white is what you need for it to accept the purple colorant, should not be done at home.