jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

Bridal Dress

1. profile image45
    busayoposted 7 years ago

Your bridal dress should be kept 4 many possible reasons suchas;
      Some people use it 4 christening their baby(ies).
      Also used as an article 4 remembrance 2 futher generations.
      It can be used 4 much more things than d little i listed above, so pls make it an habit of keeping things.
                    Thanks.

1. Greek One profile image76
      Greek Oneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

it can also be cut into long strips and used by the groom to hang himself once he realizes what he has gotten himself into

2. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

People should do whatever they want with their bridal dress.  there is no one "right" course of action.

1. Sab Oh profile image55
        Sab Ohposted 7 years agoin reply to this

but many 'wrong' courses of action...

1. psycheskinner profile image83
          psycheskinnerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That are different for each individual case.

3. alternate poet profile image67
      alternate poetposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Did you text message this in here from your phone ?  am I missing the latest advance in Hubbercom ?

4. blondepoet profile image77
      blondepoetposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Wouldn't the wedding dress be a little large for a baby?

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Funny/BlahBlah.gif

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 7 years ago

Yes....there are lots of reasons to save it...the ex got it in the divorce...he can't seem to let go of the past...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/readers/webupon/2007/12/31/95226_3.jpg

1. Greek One profile image76
      Greek Oneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

kinda cute for a biker

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 7 years agoin reply to this

...I couldn't find a good picture of a burning wedding dress...so found this guy instead!

3. Chaotic Chica profile image72
    Chaotic Chicaposted 7 years ago

Since I was pregnant when I first married, I did not want to fit into that dress again so it went away and since there were five kids in the picture when I wed for the right reasons, I rented a dress I could not normaly afford and looked great for a fraction of the cost and none of the hassle! I found little reason to use space on a dress that is just going to sit there doing nothing for years and most likely never get worn again, by me or my girls.

1. PaperNotes profile image60
      PaperNotesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I completely agree, many ladies keep their wedding dress to pass it on the next generation. But I doubt these dresses will be worn later, unless it was a family heirloom passed down for generations. There's also a lot of task involved in storing the dress. It's not as simple as just hanging it in the warddrobe.
      Saving some money by renting the dress is a great move. You can also use more spare cash on the honeymoon.

1. Lisa HW profile image79
        Lisa HWposted 7 years agoin reply to this

My dress was absolutely beautiful in its time (1979) but there's no way in heck my daughter (just engaged and planning a 2012 weddiing) would EVER want my dress.   lol   I know I wouldn't have want a "used" dress (heirloom or otherwise  lol  )

4. GmaGoldie profile image79
    GmaGoldieposted 7 years ago

For the sake of the new frugality I purchased all my bridal items from eBay.  For the sake of my new frugality, all items will be posted on eBay after the wedding.

The wedding is today and I am already planning the exit strategy of all the one time items that hopefully can help someone else who is also cash strapped and struggling in these trying times.

working