- Computers & Software
Software Quality Assurance and Management
Software quality may be defined as conformance to explicitly functional and performance requirement explicitly documented developed standard and implicit characteristic that are expected of all professionally developed software. This tend to three important points
a) Software requirements are the foundation from which quality is measured, lack of conformance to requirement is lack of quality
b) Specified standard defined asset of development criteria that guide the manner in which the software is engineered, failure to follow such may compromise the software quality
c) Asset of implicit requirement example ease of use and good maintainability is necessary and lack of which compromises the quality
Software Quality Assurance Activities
Software quality assurance activities lies in the hand of software engineer who do technical work and SQA group that have the responsibility of quality assurance planning, record keeping analysis and reporting. The engineers address quality by applying solid technical method, conducting reviews and performing software quality testing. The Software Quality Assurance group on the other hand assists the software team in achieving high quality and product by the following
a) Preparing an SQA planning for a project , this is done during project planning and reviewed by all interested parties
b) Participating in the development of the project of software description i.e. they select a process for the work to be performed
c) Reviewing the software engineering activity to verify complaint with defined software process i.e. identifying deviation and ensuring correction are made promptly such deviation are well back to the project manager
d) Recording any non compliant and reporting the same to the senior manager
Software Product Quality Attribute
1. Correctness – does the software meet the specification
2. Reliability – it should meet the reliable requirement
3. Efficiency – meet the utilization of resources in development and operation
4. Integrity – meet the accuracy stability security of the database
5. Usability – operators can understand and operate the system
6. Maintainability – reliability of specification code and other documentation at ease with which changes can be implemented
7. Flexibility – this is the ability to accommodate growth and change
8. Testability – every requirement being testable and also the entire system being capable of being tested
9. Portability – ease of movement to another host environment
10. Re – Usability – ability to integrate with other system
Software Quality Assurance and Management
Related Software Hubs
- Software Quality Assurance Standard
This describes quality assurance elements in geometric terms that can be applied to any business regardless of product or services offered, they have been adopted by many countries which intern permits ISO...
- Software Quality Assurance and Management
Software quality may be defined as conformance to explicitly functional and performance requirement explicitly documented developed standard and implicit characteristic that are expected of all professionally...
- Understand the importance of Database data normalization
Normalization of data can be defined as a process during which the existing tables of a database are tested to find certain data dependency between the column and the rows or normalizing of data can be...
- What is Feasibility Study
The contents of feasibility study should include 1. Project Name - Should be relevant to what you are going to achieve 2.Description of of the problem to be solved 3. It should have a statement of critical...
- Types of Organizational System
There are so many types of organizational systems available in an organization. The systems depends with the activities and the number of staff it support. Below are the existing system found in an...
- Do you know the kind of system Level that exist in your organization
There are system types that exist in an organization and wiil discuss the following four kind. Operational level system This refers to information system that monitors the element ary activities and...
- System testing and implementation
Testing is done all the way in system development. It is meant to turn up any unkown problem. Not to demonstrate the perfection of a program's manual or equipment. Though it is tediou, its help to assure the...
- What is a data flow diagram? and DFD Symbols
Data flow diagram is a geographical tool that shows, process, flows, stores and external entities in a system. Dataflow diagram shows the transformation of data into a system. Dfd has got the following symbols...