I'm gong to assume you're not wanting to get a bunch of "generic" Twitter Followers just so you have a big # of Followers ~ right? What you want to do is FIND people who are active in your niche market, so that the Tweets you post will be relevant and useful to your Followers, else they will click the unFollow button lickity split!
What you want to do is FIND the true LEADERS in a particular niche market and do the following;
1) Follow the Leader
2) Follow who he/she is Following
3) Follow his/her Followers
4) Wait 7-10 days and unfollow those who aren't following you.
5) Rinse and Repeat
How do you find Leaders in a Niche Market?
1) Go to Twello
2) Search by Niche Market
3) Sort b y # of Followers
4) Follow the Leader & make note of their Twitter account name
5) Follow the Top 10 in each Niche if they are Rock Stars
How do you Follow a Leader's Followers?
1) Visit my blog http://www.FerreeMoney.com
2) Read my post on LabTweets tool
3) Watch the YT video I did on this exact process
4) Buy the LabTweets desktop marketing Tool
5) Automate all of the above