leni sands profile image 82

Why does my virus checker tell me that this site has a bad reputation and can it be fixed?

My virus checker Avast! has warned me about using this site, indicating that it has a bad reputation. It indicates that 5 companies at least are tracking everything I do on hubpages which concerns me somewhat. I have recently been enjoying re-gigging my hubs and receiving feedback again after a period of time off so this has been a bit of a wake up call. I will endeavour to keep rating the site upwards but wondered if there was anything Hubpages could do to improve its reputation?

itknol profile image78

ItKnol says

• leni sands profile image

Leni Sands 3 years ago

Thank you - I will check the settings as you advice. I used to use AVG but it kept slowing my computer down so I recently switched to Avast! for Firefox and noticed the orange message in the corner. It did worry me as I know Hubpages is a good site