Canon EOS T4i - The New Rebel DSLR Camera
Canon Rebel EOS T4i is Canon's First DSLR with Touch Screen
Canon recently announced the release of the new flagship model in their EOS Rebel camera line. The new Canon EOS T4i was released at the end of June 2012 and is now available for purchase. It offers an array of new features, including a new autofocus system, Canon's first-ever touch-screen LCD monitor and a new Movie Servo AF that provides quiet, continuous autofocus during video recording. Sound intriguing? Then take a look below to learn more about the new Canon EOS T4i digital SLR camera.
The Rebel T4i is Canon's fastest Rebel yet and the first to feature a touch-screen LCD screen. With the quick new DIGIC 5 Image Processor, and 18.0 MP CMOS sensor and the 9-point all cross-type AF system, it's capable of quickly and accurately capturing up to 5 fps. And with the touch-screen LCD, you'll have shooting options like you've never had before. For instance, to keep the camera focused on a person, all you need to do is tap the person's image on the 3-inch touch panel and the camera will remain focused on that person while they stay in the frame. The new AF system also allows Touch Focus for videos, and when outfitted with Canon's new STM lenses, the T4i's Movie Servo AF provides quiet and continuous AF while shooting video.
For outdoor shooting, the Rebel T4i can be outfittted with Canon's GP-E2 GPS receiver on the hotshoe to record latitude, longitude, altitude and camera direction.
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, 14-bit A/D conversion, ISO 100-12800; expandable to 25600 (H) for shooting from bright to dim light and high performance DIGIC 5 Image Processor for exceptional image quality and speed
- High speed continuous shooting up to 5.0 fps allows you to capture all the action
- Improved autofocus performance with a 9-point all cross-type AF system (including a high-precision dual-cross f/2.8 center point), and new Hybrid CMOS AF increases autofocus speed when shooting photos and movies in Live View
- Enhanced EOS Full HD Movie mode with Movie Servo AF for continuous focus tracking of moving subjects, manual exposure control and multiple frame rates (1080: 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p, 720: 60p (59.94) / 50p, 480: 30p (29.97) / 25p)
- New 3.0-inch Vari-angle Touch Screen Clear View LCD monitor II (approximately 1,040,000 dots) with smudge-resistant coating features multi-touch operation and Touch AF for an easy and intuitive experience, flexible positioning, and clear viewing even when outdoors
The Canon EOS Rebel T4i was released in June 2012.
Can't decide on a new camera? Not sure if the Canon EOS T4i Rebel is the right camera for you? Then take it for a test ride.
At BorrowLenses.com, you can rent cameras and lenses.for as few as three days or as long as four weeks. Equipment is shipped out to you via FedEx (or you can pick it up if you live near one of the pickup locations in CA, OR, WA or NV). The rental period begins when the camera/equipment is delivered, and then you can use it for the duration of your rental period. When the rental is up, you simply put it back in the box, affix the prepaid rental label and take it to a local FedEx/Kinkos. It's a great way to try new cameras or lenses you're thinking about buying, or to use equipment that you could never afford to buy.
Canon EOS Rebel T4i Video Preview - Get a sneak peek at Canon's new DSLR
More Canon EOS Products - Get lenses and accessories for your Canon EOS camera
You Might Also Enjoy... - More pages about cameras
Most Popular DSLRs
What are the most popular DSLRs today? As new camera models come out, the list of bestselling digital SLRs changes, too. This page updates the most popular D...
7 Cameras with Time Lapse Function
Are you looking for cameras with time lapse function? A camera with a built-in interval timer makes it much easier to capture time lapse photos because it wi...
Best SLR Digital Camera On Sale
These are the best SLR digital cameras on sale right before the holidays. Pick up the best performance SLR cameras. If you want those perfect shots by the Ch...
The Best Camera for Pictures of Kids
The other day someone asked me, "What's the best camera for pictures of kids?" As a mom and part-time photographer, I've taken plenty of photos of ...
Epson v600 Review for Slide Scanning
Are you looking for an affordable but high-quality slide and photo scanner? I purchased the Epson v600 scanner to digitize a collection of more than 1000 col...
The Best Nikon for Kids: the Waterproof Nikon S30
Nikon is one of the top names in camera manufacturers, so many parents who have budding shutterbugs and who want to get the best camera for their kids know t...