jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Warning! When buying NEW phone from AT&T...

1. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 4 years ago

Bought a Brand New smartphone from AT&T 5 weeks ago and it has quit making calls and receiving calls. Now AT&T says I will get it replaced, but...with a Re-Furbished phone!!!

I call this a scam! You sell a product...you are responsible for that product you sell. Lemon law!!!

When you buy NEW, you expect new. Although it quit working this week, I have had issues with it for 2 and a half weeks. And the AT&T store people know this. (Just after the 14 days to return and cancel contract)

I asked up front when I bought this New phone if it was New or refurbished. The sales lady said it was new of course. AT&T only sells new products. Sounds like I got a royal %&^$ to begin with from AT&T!

Anyone know how to force AT&T or any cellular company to honor the original agreement and payment for a New phone? Not junk you can charge full price for and in several weeks force a refurbished on their customers.

2. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Hi, Michael.

This pretty much forces the company to respond. https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints … et-started

3. wilderness profile image93
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

Doubt that you can force anything not already offered.  AT&T most likely has the option to repair or replace the phone, at their discretion and choice.  A refurbished phone is pretty much the same as repairing  the one you have except you get it right away rather than waiting weeks for repairs.

4. formosangirl profile image80
    formosangirlposted 4 years ago

Write a complaint on Planet Feedback and you will get a response from upper management. It has worked for me with other big companies. So, it is worth a shot.

5. Zelkiiro profile image87
    Zelkiiroposted 4 years ago

And this is why I bought a Tracfone.

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

big_smile  Me, too.  A simple, cheap phone that completely satisfies my needs for a fraction of the cost.

1. Zelkiiro profile image87
        Zelkiiroposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Isn't being frugal wonderful?

1. wilderness profile image93
          wildernessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Works for me!  $100 buys me more time than I'll use in a year - what more can I ask?  It isn't quite worth another $800+ per year to have a big touch screen on my phone.  Not to me, anyway.

working