jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Getting rid of Internet Explorer for Chrome

1. brakel2 profile image85
    brakel2posted 3 years ago

I read there are two ways to get rid of Internet Explorer - uninstalling it or turning it off. Windows gives instructions. The article also said the programs remain available to the default browser. I want to uninstall my free trial Norton, install paid Avast, and turn off Internet Explorer. I already have Chrome which was installed under Internet Explorer. Has anyone dealt with this issue? I never find anything easy in such a situation.

Initial issue - Something hacked into my computer, and I had to re-install Windows, use trial Norton, start over with Internet Explorer and change browsers later.

1. brakel2 profile image85
      brakel2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I went ahead and performed all the functions, and nothing catastrophic happened.

2. Zelkiiro profile image85
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

You don't have to uninstall Internet Explorer if you don't want to. Just get a better browser (Chrome or Firefox fit the bill) and set it as the default for any conceivable thing that previously used IE.

3. brakel2 profile image85
    brakel2posted 3 years ago via iphone

Thanks for info. I do like Chrome. Internet Explorer would treat my links as popups. Very strange!

4. brakel2 profile image85
    brakel2posted 3 years ago via iphone

Thanks for info. I do like Chrome. Internet Explorer would treat my links as popups. Very strange!

working