jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

what kind of computer to purchase, Assembled or Branded? and why?

1. profile image49
    Sujo Alexposted 8 years ago

what kind of computer to purchase, Assembled or Branded? and why?

2. profile image49
    NNathanielStockposted 8 years ago

It greatly depends on what you will be doing with the computer, myself i custom build my computers(laptops) my new mac pro and my new lenovo thinkpadw700ds. Now my mac i do not have windows installed in it but my other one has. I have found if you need a computer for a certain job then i would go with custom build by a certain brand. Assembled is cheaper if you just use it for general use. And it is cheaper if you go online and price around  get direct price from the manufacturer then it is to go to your local electronics store and get one.

3. H P Roychoudhury profile image48
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 8 years ago

A person whom is going to purchase a computer may not be very much known to computer techniques. A Branded product of computer is the product of a company who wants to maintain a good reputation in the market. While an Assembled product is making a computer of his own purchasing the pieces of tools. Therefore for an ordinary person it is better and safe to go for a Branded one.

4. JonSterling profile image73
    JonSterlingposted 8 years ago

Personally I would do some research and build it myself - I built and sold PC's for over 25 Years and the lowest cost vendor gets the purchase for parts for a computer builder. Unless you completely trust the computer builder you are better off buying a national brand or like I said in the beginning build it yourself.

Go to cnet.com and do some research on parts - Then if you are lucky enough to have a fry's electronics in your area - you can go and consult with a sales associate in the pc parts department to get your custom system built within a short amount of time.

5. nikitha p profile image43
    nikitha pposted 7 years ago

Assembled computers are good for who knows computer hardware field.I prefer Branded computer I don't know more about hardware things and its changing day by day.

6. profile image51
    ssagar1281posted 5 years ago

It depends on what is your requirement, if you go for branded computer then you will get service from the company as long as the computer is in under warranty but in case you opt for assembled computer...you will have to take care of it by your owne, check this http://ssagar1281.hubpages.com/hub/Computer-Assembling