how can i send an Instant message in skype to more than one person at a time but

1. top-bannana profile image61
    top-bannanaposted 8 years ago

how can i send an Instant message in skype to more than one person at a time but not use the group.

I want to start teaching spanish using skype and to keep the cost down i wanted to have a class of about 10 people.  But i don't want them to be in a group as this could lead to people just chatting rather than learning, so if possible i wanted to send the same message to all 10 people but individually rather than as a group. 

I can just do one at a time but it would be a little easier if i could do the whole lot together.  Any ideas anyone??

2. alexd181 profile image60
    alexd181posted 8 years ago

Skype is probably not the best tool to each a class. There are plenty of free services like DimDim out there that give you a 'virtual classroom' that would be better suited to this. DimDim is more based on audio though, where only you can speak, the class can listen, and chat between each other, or you can manually invite each person to speak by giving them a 'speaking pass'. There may be something like this that is text-only on the web as well.

Most of these services don't require external software, and you just send people to a specific URL where the class is being held online. But the short answer is, I wouldn't use Skype.

working