jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

My HP laptop turns on but the screen doesnt turn on??

1. jordanc.terrell profile image58
    jordanc.terrellposted 7 years ago

My HP laptop turns on but the screen doesnt turn on??

The lights on the computer itself turns on and it makes this HRMMMMM noise then it stops.. Should I just use it as target practice and get a new one or does it sound like it's fixable?

2. Rimzim profile image61
    Rimzimposted 7 years ago

Check power cable of monitor & VGA cable which connect to cabinet.
    Any graphic card in your pc, if yes then confirm monitor VGA cable connect to cabinet through your graphic card (because if VGA cable not connect through Graphic Card, then not show any visual on screen). Check RAM which properly fit in MB or not.
    If you check these things then your monitor connect to other cabinet or PC.
    If same problem then probably problem in your monitor, check monitor in HP service center.

3. Fixxxer profile image55
    Fixxxerposted 7 years ago

@ Rimzim : The question clearly states that it is a laptop. You're giving him instructions on how to troubleshoot a pc....

@ Joranc.terrell

Most laptops have a function where they screen can be shared between two monitors, or a projector. It might be that you pressed this by mistake, and now the screen is set to work on a external monitor or projector. Make sure this is not the case before you take it in for repairs.

4. bettanywire profile image57
    bettanywireposted 7 years ago

I presume there is something going wrong with your laptop, check the connection of your power supply it it does not work take this to the technician and let them to fix it.