jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How to learn computer programming

1. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

How to learn computer programming

2. starx profile image66
    starxposted 8 years ago

I suggest you to start learning python and from that you can pick languages like C# or java. Depending on platform you choose you can code respective applications.

You can start with google query" how to become computer scientist using python". Then download python interpreter and start learning from some code and tutorial. Once you are comfortable with concepts of python, move to C# or Java.

You can learn C/C++ first. But python is the fastest learning IMO.

3. bettanywire profile image55
    bettanywireposted 7 years ago

Computer programming is a very in demand career by far so many people eager to learn of it, so far internet is the best reference if you want guides regarding this things so much better to look over the internet and find some tutorials and guides about computer programming.

4. Computer Doctor profile image56
    Computer Doctorposted 7 years ago

Learning computer programming is like learning complex puzzles. There are all kinds of software to learn computer programming starting from BASIC, Foxpro, Visual Basic, Java, C, C++ etc. You may have to enroll in a course to learn this.

5. Casey Strouse profile image61
    Casey Strouseposted 6 years ago

Start with a book like "Learn Python the Hard Way."  Python IMO has been the most productive programming language that I've ever learned and I'm familiar with about a dozen of them and have been programming since I was 8 years old.

Once you get the basics down the best way to get better is to read other people's code on Github.  This is helpful because in the real world you'll end up maintaining other people's code more often than you'll be writing code from scratch.