How to repair Cable Connect - broken off back of Samsung 27" tube tv

1. profile image45
    bobbie33posted 8 years ago

How to repair Cable Connect - broken off back of Samsung 27" tube tv

I have piece that broke off while disconnecting during a move (it pulled right off while trying to disconnect during move); there's tiny curled wiring still visible in cavity on back of tv;  I am a single mom, unable to hire a repairman.  Have done some household electrical repairs, etc., nothing electronic (purchased tv post-Katrina).  Is it possible to safely connect tv to cable?  I've exhausted all efforts to bypass (adaptors, ect.).  I want to get cable on this tv.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  BB

2. profile image43
    Jubaelposted 8 years ago

Tube TVs are really dangerous to work with, when the casing is off. See, there's this big bundle of cables that holds large amounts of electricity (10,000 to 40,000 Volts), if I'm using the correct measurement there. In either case, if you touch the exposed metal in the area of the back of a TV without the plastic casing, you could really die from it. You have to know that. My cousin was almost killed by that one time, and his mom didn't know what to do about it, except wait for him to stop twitchin' and see if he regained consciousness.

With that said... Does it look like you need to make a new cable, like this? … re=related

or are you repairing the back of the Television, like this?
    It's a bit more complicated and requires more tools, but maybe you just have a wire stuck in the coax port, and you can just pull that guy out of there no big deal, if you can grab onto it.

I'm sure that one of these is what you want, because it's what I would use. ;-)

Good Luck!