jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What software would I require if I wanted to write an e-book, publish and upload

1. NewHorizons profile image81
    NewHorizonsposted 8 years ago

What software would I require if I wanted to write an e-book, publish and upload it to a website...

or blog and make a professional looking e-cover for it.  Any suggestions of what are the best Brands?

2. superninja79 profile image71
    superninja79posted 8 years ago

I believe, and I could be wrong on this, but most versions of Adobe Acrobat have a preloaded format for creating "electronic editions".  Basically it changes the size and shape of your pages, along with the spacing of the text, to ensure that they will present properly on an e-book reader.

Hope this helps you on your search for your answer.

3. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

Compose your document in OpenOffice.org Writer.  That is a free office suite very competitive with the paid Microsucks Office suite.  You can save the document in OpenOffice.org document format  You can even save it in Microsoft Word format, but why anyone would do that escapes me.

Next, OpenOffice.org has graphics and presentation modules (Draw and Impress).  With one of those you can make an illustrated cover as a separate file.

Then, in Open Office Write, you can combine the two and export as a .pdf file.  That pdf file is your e-book, which you can upload to a website or send as an e-mail attachment.

4. ebookcovermaker3 profile image59
    ebookcovermaker3posted 7 years ago

I agree with Dabeaner with the OpenOffice.org - as you can save the file as a PDF without the need to purchase a separate software program, MS Word will do this as well but I'm pretty sure its with the 2007 version.

I recently went through the eBook exercise and got a bit stuck when it came to the Cover, I researched a low cost ($47) program called http://www.eBookCoverMaker3d.com that took me 10 minute to watch the training video and less than 10 minutes to make the eBook Cover.

working