jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you save your articles and then publish them, or publish them as soon as you

1. D22314 profile image77
    D22314posted 5 years ago

Do you save your articles and then publish them, or publish them as soon as you finish writing them?

Personally I just upload my content immediately after finishing writing about it and doing a quick edit once or twice. Does anyone write articles and then hold on to them until a later date?

2. ZIa Ahmed khan profile image79
    ZIa Ahmed khanposted 5 years ago

Usually I make first a points, then rough draft and then final draft, this takes some time week some time two days before I upload them.

3. pagesvoice profile image85
    pagesvoiceposted 5 years ago

As soon as I have proof read my article I will publish it. After it is up and running I may go back several times and fine tune it. I can't imagine how confusing it would be to publish multiple stories at the same time, plus I don't see any benefit in it. I guess it all comes down to what works best for the writer.

4. gabgirl12 profile image78
    gabgirl12posted 5 years ago

I have and published both in the same day. I didn't think it was possible. Writing takes effort. But, I have learned that to write better you must read more. I read more hubs than I write!

5. Flightkeeper profile image72
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

I usually write them and publish them.  In hubs where I need additional research, I save them, edit the hub and publish.  Then I start hubs with titles that I intend to write on and save them so that I don't forget that there are hubs that I want to write.

6. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I usually let them sit at least overnight before my final proofing. Sometimes it's easier to find errors if you get a little distance from it first.

7. Glenn Stok profile image99
    Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago

I write most of my Hubs over a period of time, saving the unfinished work on my computer. Adding to them, reworking what I wrote, proofreading, researching and adding additional information. Sometimes even removing sections that I feel are not contributing to the understanding of the article. 

Then when I feel it's ready, I upload the text into individual text capsules, add images where appropriate, and play around with the formatting to make it easy on the eye, so to speak.

I think what you were asking, though, is if we upload and save on HubPages before publishing. I used to upload and publish in one session. But lately, when I'm finished as I explained above, I upload and still leave it sit before publishing. That way I give it one last go-over before I pull the trigger.

It turns out that every time I proofread I end up modifying something. So I'm never in a rush to just write and publish.

8. YvetteParker profile image76
    YvetteParkerposted 5 years ago

I publish as soon as I finish writing and editing the article. There are times after publishing that I make additional edits.