jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Would you rather own a 58" HDTV or a projector that from 7 feet away projects a

1. SakiSan profile image61
    SakiSanposted 7 years ago

Would you rather own a 58" HDTV or a projector that from 7 feet away projects a 92" screen?

We bought a projector for half the price of a new HDTV.  Had to do a little work to paint a HD screen on the wall, but other than that the thing is wonderful!  Just wondering why more people don't do this, or what opinions are?

2. PhoenixV profile image68
    PhoenixVposted 7 years ago

Yes , I just might , The way you put it sounds like a great idea to look into , thanks!

3. estranged911 profile image64
    estranged911posted 7 years ago

Many people prefer buying latest technology, I on the other hand always have a thing for classic stuff. So, yeah! I would definitely buy the projector instead.

4. Office Chair Guru profile image56
    Office Chair Guruposted 7 years ago
  5. mussmuss profile image58
    mussmussposted 7 years ago

I would rather own both smile. Honestly, a projector is ideal for a home theatre but in the long run may not be for every day television viewing as the bulbs will die in about 18 months to a 2 years. IT really boils down to how you will be using it. Those projector bulbs are not necessarily cheap.

6. Cumbesef profile image60
    Cumbesefposted 7 years ago

We used projectors at the plant where I used to work.  The bulbs went out frequently and were on the expensive side.  If you watch a great deal of TV, I suggest the HDTV 58".  You will not have the extra large screen like you would with a projector, but the cost will be more cost effective...

I also recommend getting the warrantee that is offered.  This way, you spend your money up front and have no worries....just pleasure from the purchase.

Good luck!

7. justom profile image69
    justomposted 7 years ago

58" HDTV-Plasma. Plasma TV's have a much better black than the others and if you know anything about color pictures you know that a good black makes the rest of the colors POP!! Peace!!

8. M.s Fowler profile image39
    M.s Fowlerposted 7 years ago

A 58 hd tv because projectors are boring.

working