jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Are we allowed to put answers up here that appear to be direct cut and paste job

1. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Are we allowed to put answers up here that appear to be direct cut and paste jobs without...

acknowledgement to the source?

2. vydyulashashi profile image57
    vydyulashashiposted 7 years ago

no u can't cut n paste
    spybots will easily detect that as spam n may flag u
    you have to type it on your own

3. weblog profile image56
    weblogposted 7 years ago

Hi Mick,

I'm not sure! I think only HP admin can give the right answer to this.

4. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

yes, Vydyulashashi,and Weblog, and anyone else who cares to answer, I know, I asked the question because I just saw an answer that appears to be identical to an article I recently read, but there was no acknowledgement back to the article or original author, looks like plagiarism to me.

5. Nick B profile image81
    Nick Bposted 7 years ago

What vydyulashashi says cannot be right as typing it out if it copies an answer from somewhere else will have the same effect as copy and paste.

It wouldn't be difficult to change something to make your unique. Anyhow, I'm sure on the answers it's not important

6. profile image0
    ankigarg87posted 7 years ago

Yes,we can direct copy paste.but it is like theft of someone data.it is good to mention the source if you are direct copy pasting.

7. wvierra profile image60
    wvierraposted 7 years ago

Yes you can copy and past in the answers section, however if you care about how people look at you on your information or if you care and have respect for your fellow hubbers then most will also return that respect if you answer it from your own point of view or experience, this shows you care enough to take the time and are willing to research for the right answer.

Closed to reply

working