jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why does a picture disappear when resizing in MS Word?

1. Marcus Teague profile image58
    Marcus Teagueposted 7 years ago

Why does a picture disappear when resizing in MS Word?

Apparently I'm not the only one with this issue as I've seen it on around the net, but nobody ever answers the question, nor do they help solve the problem. I have a picture that refuses to resize without... disappearing, not even in the print preview. But the other pages are just fine, I can resize the same picture in other pages without it disappearing on me, even if it expands off page.

2. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 7 years ago

Is it a picture that you downloaded from somewhere else? I am able to resize without it disappearing. Maybe it is a glitch in your MS Word. What version are you using of word?

3. Marcus Teague profile image58
    Marcus Teagueposted 7 years ago

It's 2007. And being downloaded wouldn't have changed that. Even if it was, I created it and am copying-pasting into the document. But I also changed the text wrapping put the picture in front of the text (still does the same thing when put behind the text) so that I can move it around the page freely.

4. chipmobley profile image58
    chipmobleyposted 6 years ago

If you change your View to "Web Layout", Word will (should) allow you to resize the image without disappearing.  Once you've finished, simply return to your previous view and all should be well.  Good luck!

5. touch4laptop profile image41
    touch4laptopposted 17 months ago

try other version of Microsoft office word it may help

working