jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is anyone else annoyed by friends and/or family constantly flooding your email w

1. profile image0
    SnowRoseposted 7 years ago

Is anyone else annoyed by friends and/or family constantly flooding your email with forwards of...

ridiculous emails such as 'if you send this email to 10 ppl you will have a great tmw', etc?

2. Scott_Grigg profile image42
    Scott_Griggposted 7 years ago

LOL, are you kidding?  I HATE it when people forward jokes, etc. Once in awhile is ok, but I have friends who do it several times a day. I've had to ask them nicely not to do it daily because my email is already overrun with regular traffic from friends and business associates who I really need to respond to.

3. point2make profile image80
    point2makeposted 7 years ago

I agree with Scott....I hate the forwarded e-mails. I would love to delete all those "friends" from my address book who send me this junk but alas if I did I'm afraid my address book would be empty. Why people feel the need to forward such nonsense is beyond me. I have never done it, not even once. Perhaps we could start a movement...no dumping junk emails on your friends...

"gotta go just received another one".................!!!!!

4. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

I'm a bit of a recluse so don't get a lot of mail but I have a few connections to people who send me those kinds of things.

I like to think it makes them feel better and helps with their loneliness and I don't have to read them.  It's not that big a deal and sometimes there's a funny one.  I worry more about viruses and worms in such mails so I'm a bit cautious and don't open mail from anyone I don't know.

I have pretty extreme spam protection so there's a lot of mail, even from some people I know that is automatically fried in my spam fryer.

I've missed some mail that way.  That's life.

5. Linda Pogue profile image63
    Linda Pogueposted 3 years ago

I have this happen a lot. In my email program (Outlook), I create a folder for each if these people, then make a rule to send all their emails to that folder. I check them about once a week to make sure there wasn't anything I needed to see, then delete everything in the folder without reading or even opening the rest.

To make a rule in Outlook, right click on the email, click Rules, click Create Rule, click the top check box, click the bottom check box, then click Select Folder. In the list, click Inbox, then click New. Name the new folder, click OK. Click OK again, and then click OK again. Click the checkbox in the Success box, then click OK. All the emails from that person will be moved to the folder you created. It will make reading other emails so much easier, since you will be able to find them easier.

working