jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Recommendations please? From the many brands of laptop what would hubbers recom

1. Seeker7 profile image94
    Seeker7posted 7 years ago

Recommendations please?

From the many brands of laptop what would hubbers recommend? It would...

basically be used for writing/research, shopping, e-mail and hubpages of course. No gaming done.

2. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 7 years ago

I've seen both a Dell laptop and a gateway laptop die horrible deaths, so you should probably avoid those. Everyone I speak to says get a mac and I'm beginning to agree with them. But which ever machine you end up choosing, make sure you get a good warranty.

3. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

Toshiba Satellite. This is my second one. They are almost bullet proof. Running over it with your car probably wont damage it. The satellite has been available for more than 10 years.
    They are reliable, reasonably priced and have great graphics, built in camera and good performance. The only weakness is battery life is a bit shorter than some other units.
    Both mine have been totally reliable as have the others that we own. Both my 2 boys and 2 of the older granddaughters have one as well as my daughter. My daughter's Satellite has replaced her huge PC and it works flat out running her online business.
    I would choose it above all others.

4. Magdelene profile image84
    Magdeleneposted 7 years ago

If that is all you want to use it for nearly any regular sized laptop will do.  You want one with a decent viewing screen, check the way the video looks.  Make sure there is enough ram and that the hard drive is large enough especially if you are going to be storing music, videos and the like.  Mac is getting better with software applications, but still not all types of software can be used with a Mac. 
    All laptop brands have their good and bad ones, some come out of the box and don't work, it's like a car that is built on a Friday or so the saying goes.
    As MT says make sure your warranty is good, make sure you do not have to send it away and it will take 2 or 3 weeks for it to return to you.  Worked for HP before and you had to send your laptop to HP to have it fixed if you did not know the work around, but perhaps HP has changed that rule by now.  It is all about warranty and you need to get the specifics there.
    Make sure you get the specs you need as far as hardware goes.