jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What Kind of Laptop should I get?? Suggestions please

1. jordanc.terrell profile image59
    jordanc.terrellposted 7 years ago

What Kind of Laptop should I get?? Suggestions please

With the Price range of $400-700. It's for school and I have a lot a music. Maybe have counter strike on there as well.

2. profile image0
    Kuk Sool Ninjaposted 7 years ago

This all depends what you are going to do on the laptop.
    If you are planning on using it for general intenret browsing there is no need for anything too complex.
    Whereas if gaming is your thing, than i would suggest high RAM and graphic card.
    If you are planning to use it for running large programs such as Adobe After Affects then i would go for a 4gb ram. But a general internet browser, only 1 gb Ram is really needed.
    As you have alot of music and play counterstrike then go for something with about 2gb RAM and 500gb memory, this would easily be enough to run what you want to do.

3. Shawn Scarborough profile image82
    Shawn Scarboroughposted 7 years ago

I think right now that HP makes the best laptops for the money.  I recently purchased a DV6 model and love it.  A DV6 would be at the upper end of your price range.  They also have another model that is similiar, the G62t which you can get with 3-4GB of RAM and a 320GB hard drive for around $500.  Both of these models have 16 inch screens.  The difference between the two models is mainly the finish.  The DV6 has a shining finish, the G62t doe not.  If your looking for a 17 inch screen it will cost a little more.

4. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 7 years ago

You should get a Mac, unless your budget is too low for that.

If it is a second computer, you should look at the iPad.

5. dan77 profile image52
    dan77posted 7 years ago

Depends on the use

If you want it for internet/email/office/music then a laptop in the range of $400-700 will be fine.

But if you want to play games like counter strike you will most likely need a laptop with a good video card(512mb) and faster processor to be able to run games smoothly.

Dont get an ipad if you want to play games.

6. profile image51
    pawelpotposted 7 years ago

lenovo is the best smile i don't recommend you HP

7. Flightkeeper profile image73
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

Dell, Lenovo, and Toshiba are good brands.  Since it's more for school rather than games, you really don't need a lot and can find something in your price range easily that can handle your expected work load.

8. bettanywire profile image55
    bettanywireposted 7 years ago

Why don't you prioritize, apple, Toshiba, or Dell they are all good.

9. iamsuper profile image58
    iamsuperposted 7 years ago

hmmm...I think you should choose one of your main purpose. However, multimedia laptop and gaming laptop need different specification. If you looking for laptop just for playing music you can buy ordinary laptop or netbook. But if you intended to playing game it's better if you buy laptop for gaming. hope this is helpful.

10. profile image30
    nbbatt.composted 7 years ago

Surely you can get a laptop which satisfies all the needs specified above.There are so many brands of laptops available in the market.the more details are available at
                    www.nbbatt.com
                    www.laptopsandparts4less.com

11. joysmith123 profile image55
    joysmith123posted 7 years ago

I think Dell, Sony, Sam-sung, Toshiba have a variety of Range you can also choose from that.

working