jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

I am new to blogging i have saved some money and want to start a blog.Should i c

1. wittywit profile image76
    wittywitposted 7 years ago

I am new to blogging i have saved some money and want to start a blog.Should i choose a cheap...

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image61
    Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago

Cheap hosting might give you a lot of downtimes which will ultimately affect your search engine rankings.
    I wouldn't consider a hosting like Hostgator expensive.

3. Godlike profile image60
    Godlikeposted 7 years ago

Hostgator.com is the way to go if you want reliable hosting for a good price. However, you could always start on a cheap or free hosting and the transfer your website to hostgator since they offer free website transfer when purchasing a hosting plan with them

4. Zubair Ahmed profile image79
    Zubair Ahmedposted 7 years ago

If you have money and want to spend it on hosting your blog then there are many ISP services that offer really good hosting plans.  But if you are just testing out the market and stuck for cash then I would recommend go with free hosting, I use one myself and it is really good. Email me if you need the URL of the company.

5. Singular Investor profile image78
    Singular Investorposted 7 years ago

Depends what you mean by cheap - Hostgator is under $10 a month and has a reasonable reputation

Blogger (owned by Google) is totally free - so you can start a blog with them for absolutely nothing (you can put Adsense ads on it and even buy your own domain name if you want)

6. abhishek.genius profile image60
    abhishek.geniusposted 7 years ago

As you are new to blogging it is advisable to first try and practice on free blogging platforms like blogger and wordpress. As you gain knowledge and expertise in search engine optimization techniques then shell out your money in buying a domain.

7. fxdaddy profile image59
    fxdaddyposted 7 years ago

Here are some of my experiences with web hosts.  Cheap hosting is great, but you just have to know which hosts are good.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Website-Host-Re … Personally

8. froch profile image84
    frochposted 6 years ago

Why you want to pay for hosting?

Register blog on Wordpress or Blogspot. It is free.

If you will feel that you are good bloger, you can buy domain - but I'm not recommending it on the beginning of your way ;-)

9. Man from Modesto profile image85
    Man from Modestoposted 5 years ago

If you want to earn money blogging online, you need to combine it with several other opportunities which will increase your ranking in search engine results. I have an article with all the links you need right here:

I also explain how to join and use RedGage.com to create back links to your blogging and to create additional revenue.