jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Laptop or Mac?

1. the50marathons17 profile image83
    the50marathons17posted 7 years ago

Laptop or Mac?

which do you prefer? I am actually writing a comparison hub on it right now and am wondering about other people's opinions.

2. webtoys profile image57
    webtoysposted 7 years ago

I prefer Mac....
    virus resistant, speed, and design

3. Reptarking17 profile image59
    Reptarking17posted 7 years ago

a mac is a laptop. you mean PC or Mac.  If you have money get a Mac.  If you don't just get a PC and if you don't like windows get Ubuntu for free.  Windows 7 is pretty solid and is more open source.

For PC tips:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/5-Ways-to-Speed … r-Computer

4. KodeKaran profile image56
    KodeKaranposted 7 years ago

PC for sure!

Then again, it depends what you want to use the computer for, typically, if you are a student, a Mac might suit you for school use - but for anything aside school use - Windows will definitely be better.

If you're a Gamer - PC
    If you're a Programmer - PC
    If you're a writer - Depends, either.
    If you're a student - Mac

Macs are more expensive, less powerful, incompatible, unreliable, misleadingly 'fast' (the truth is that Apple chips are slower than pentiums!), bulky with a 7GB OS, hardware customization will void the warranty, and you'll find yourself in Apple support more often than usual. smile

Well, thats just my opinion, as I have experience with both operating systems, I have to say - I loathe Mac, and Apple. Windows 7 is by far the best operating system money can buy.

5. profile image0
    thedietviewposted 7 years ago

i alway use  laptop/pc (never tried mac thought too expensive)

6. Uni_te profile image60
    Uni_teposted 7 years ago

I personally don't like Mac. I'm assuming you meant to ask PC or Mac? As I said, personally I like PC's, but I know a lot of people who like Mac, so I'm not sure that I'm really contributing to the question at all, but.. Yeah.

7. the50marathons17 profile image83
    the50marathons17posted 7 years ago

Yes i messed up the question....PC or Mac

8. thougtforce profile image90
    thougtforceposted 7 years ago

A Mac of course!

A PC is a computer, a mac is a miracle!
    That is my oppinion, but the main reasons to choose a mac is stability, design and the simple software that anyone can fix. Photo and film editing is great on a mac.
    The compatibility isnĀ“t a problem any longer either unless you use the comuter mainly for gaming.
    Then  it is better to buy a PC!

9. Kemo profile image56
    Kemoposted 7 years ago

A long time ago I used a Mac...Now I use a PC

10. Resume Services profile image55
    Resume Servicesposted 7 years ago

My PC works fine but.... the Apple store is hot! I'm tempted every time....one of these days I'm buying a Mac

11. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 7 years ago

In 26 years of being a graphic designer, I've worked on both PCs and Macs. Macs are definitely the way to go.

I now have a 13" Mac Book Pro and I'll give it up when someone pries my cold, dead fingers from around it.

12. josepha2588 profile image58
    josepha2588posted 7 years ago

I have had my mac for 3 years and i love it. Sucks they are expensive

working