jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is your spam filter filtering out good emails?

1. BlissfulWriter profile image64
    BlissfulWriterposted 7 years ago

Is your spam filter filtering out good emails?

I'm getting annoyed at spam filters.  They are starting to toss legitimate emails into my spam folder.   Do you check your spam folder to see if legitimate emails get placed in there by mistake?  And are you finding that spam filters are incorrectly putting legitimate email in spam too?   If the filter algorithm is going to make mistakes, I would rather it mistake by letting spam into my inbox rather than the other way around.

2. BorneoTattoo profile image77
    BorneoTattooposted 7 years ago

Have you tried looking for a whitelist or "approved senders" list?
    Most of the time an ISP will filter anything that is mass sent (meaning 25 senders or above in the TO: or CC: or BCC: area's.) but if you go into your spam filters (mind you it has to be on the ISP's webmail and not on your outlook or windows mail programs)
    Add the sender to the whitelist, you should only have to do that once to never have it get caught in spam, you can also add whole domains for example @hubpages.com

3. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 7 years ago

My spam filter has been doing this for ages. By habit I always check the spam folder before emptying it. I would say, on average, 3 or 4 good emails are put in there each week and I have to take them out. At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, my political newsletters are always blocked for 'suspicious content'. I guess the other political party controls my email provider. :p

4. BlissfulWriter profile image64
    BlissfulWriterposted 7 years ago

Ah yes, whitelisting thing is a good idea.  Although, it does require me to do some work.

5. vashal profile image65
    vashalposted 7 years ago

What email service are you using? Is use Gmail myself, and I haven't had any problems with legitimate emails going to my spam folder. I used to have that problem with Yahoo back when I used them, though.

working