jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Which is better saving photos to a DVD or to a USB memory stick.

1. profile image46
    cassie.sheehanposted 7 years ago

Which is better saving photos to a DVD or to a USB memory stick.

I saved photos to a DVD - on the computer before saving they looked great but when I put the DVD ( a good quality one) into the DVD player the resulting slide show had vibrations

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

DVD's will deteriorate over time.  Why not save the photos to both a USB Flash Drive and DVD's.  I always try to have some kind of back up for my photos.

3. Casualty13 profile image35
    Casualty13posted 7 years ago

It depends on a purpose. I think that you use USB when you want to store some files temporarily and then delete them, because you can't have such a huge USB memory stick. Also you can store all your files on DVD and you can have as much them as possible. You hardly can have 50 USB sticks.

4. Bozoplay profile image82
    Bozoplayposted 7 years ago

The truth is really neither when you consider that external hard drives have dropped in price dramatically over the last few years. A 1TB (terabyte- 1000 gigabytes) is capable of storing approximately 1/10th of the US Library of Congress data. Photos and videos consume a lot more space than just plain text. Invest in the largest drive you can afford. They connect with USB 3.0 and 2.0 now so this is something that will stay with your next computer. It also makes for easy backup of your hard drive. Photos are essentially irreplaceable so multiple copies are a good idea. Using an off-site storage facility as another back up is another addition to this. Store them on a friends computer or in one of the sites that are geared to this. (Google it to find one that meets your needs). DVD's can easily get misplaced or misfiled and memory sticks are really useful for temporary transport such as taking a photo library to view at a friend's house on their computer. If you library is small the memory stick will work in a pinch but store it in a safe place where you know you can find it. It's not a bad idea to store essential information in a memory stick and store it off-site such as your office desk drawer (in a labelled envelope) or in your car's glove compartment or in a relative's bookcase, for example.

5. profile image0
    Aysun90posted 7 years ago

Buy an external hard disk drive and improve the quality of life significantly.

6. syedusmanahmed profile image61
    syedusmanahmedposted 7 years ago

Definitely  DVD. USB Flash Drives are only use for Data Transfer, not for Data storage.

working