jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

windows 7 or current version of windows?

1. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 8 years ago

I will probably get windows 7 for a spare computer but will stick with Linux overall...

What are your thoughts?

1. AEvans profile image79
      AEvansposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I am Windows Vista and do not have any issues.smile

2. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

I have W7RC1 on my notebook for a few months, and did not have any serious problem so far. A couple of bugs one can live with easily, that's it. Fast and convenient. smile

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 8 years agoin reply to this

glad to hear...

3. Pr0metheus profile image59
    Pr0metheusposted 8 years ago

I started using W7 beta in march.  I set it up as a dual boot option on my laptop, because there were many problems with it back then that prevented me from using it.  I have since switched over to Windows 7 (exclusively).  I even deleted my Windows Vista boot option, and removed it from my hard drive.

Check out my Windows 7 Review Hub

http://hubpages.com/hub/Windows_7_Review

1. profile image0

I read the hub...nice work

1. Pr0metheus profile image59
        Pr0metheusposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you :-D

4. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 8 years ago

I had a test drive of W7 last week. It was intuitive, fast and has been fairly bug free so far I am told. smile

1. profile image0

I am looking forward to testing it myself...thanks

5. packerpack profile image60
    packerpackposted 8 years ago

The current version of windows ... you mean vista? That crap is already such a big pain and now they are up with yet another version. I am not going to even try that. XP was the last best product from them. Enough OS from MS better they concentrate on something else like some good and BUG FREE ERP packages. They are still not to be seen anywhere near Oracle in this field forget about competing with SAP. I wonder how come MS did not venture in this field. They are still miles behind in terms or database and ERP solution. Please MS give your users a break of your OS!

6. Lisa HW profile image78
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

I have Vista on mine, and my two kids have Vista on their laptops.  None of us have had any problems.  I've heard there were problems if people tried to upgrade, but Vista came with the three computers I mentioned; and we all like it a lot.  When I first got the PC I had to watch to make sure some places had stuff compatible with Vista, but these days it's no longer such a "new thing" (obviously).

7. profile image44
    CabinGirlposted 8 years ago

Windows 7 is crap, stay with what you have. I preferred the old XP but have Vista now as that's what my laptop came with !

1. profile image0

you may be able to contact the manufacturer and request an XP downgrade disk to get XP on your current laptop...a new picture?

working