jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you only use a cell phone with no land line?

1. Tracy Lynn Conway profile image94
    Tracy Lynn Conwayposted 6 years ago

Do you only use a cell phone with no land line?

I still have a land line and cell phone but many people have dropped the land line.  I keep the land line in case of an emergency.  What are your thoughts?

2. hughbertz profile image59
    hughbertzposted 6 years ago

i think you need to sit down and write down what your landline does that your cellphone does not do.
    weigh the pros and cons and find out whether to end your relationship with your land line or to fight for it.

PS: i bet everyone reaches you on your cellphone.
    Think about it. if someone asked you for your number, just out of impulse, which one do you give out first.

another idea is to take your landline and use it as your office phone.

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

I have only a cell phone because I used to work two jobs and I was never home. Now that my husband and I are both working at home, we're seriously considering switching back to a land line and then getting a prepaid cell for the times we have to pick up and drop off my son with his biological father (it's an hour and a half drive each way, no inhabitants most of the way). Other than that drive we never bother to take the phone with us anywhere anyway, so there's really no point in paying extra for something that the lower-cost option would cover for.

4. BlissfulWriter profile image69
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

I still have an older type phone that plugs into a jack in the wall.  So yes, it is a land line.  And it will work even without electricity (such as in a power outage or rolling black-outs, etc).   Many people have land line phones (like wireless phones that transmit to a base phone).  But those do not work when there is no electricity.

5. framistan profile image57
    framistanposted 6 years ago

I used to work for a major phone company.  Most people are dropping their landlines because they are just about as obsolete as phone-booths.

6. Chris Crow profile image60
    Chris Crowposted 6 years ago

It is rare that I use a land line but I do try to shift any potential telemarketing nonsense to my house line rather than my cell phone.  So I use that number for most times I need to give out my number for miscellaneous reasons.