jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think about e-waste when you upgrade your electronics?

1. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 7 years ago

Do you think about e-waste when you upgrade your electronics?

2. darntoothysam profile image57
    darntoothysamposted 7 years ago

Heck no. The world is here for us to destroy is it not? We are the only species that continually destroys its surroundings instead of coexisting with the planet.

Humans are a virus.

3. sharing the sky profile image66
    sharing the skyposted 7 years ago

I actually have as I've grown more aware of recycling events or services for electronic or technological items locally. I don't upgrade my electronics as often as others but when I do, if the item is still in working condition I work to find a home for it either as an item I'm selling or giving away for free. If it's broken, I set aside and look to see if I can recycle it somewhere appropriately.

4. Mel Jay profile image86
    Mel Jayposted 7 years ago

Yes I do now, never used to worry about stuff like that, but everything is different now - I recently got an apple laptop because they are lot kinder to the environment than other machines.  As for household appliances - I try to hang onto them and repair them now instead of just getting a new one.  When I chuck them out there is a place at the local dump where you can put them for recycling or there is the kerbside collection - plenty of people come and take stuff to recycle if you leave it out for them.  The less junk there is the better - I don't feel like we are living in a 'disposable world' anymore.

working