jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do I get past the facebook targeting too narrowly warning?

1. Nambahu profile image60
    Nambahuposted 7 years ago

How do I get past the facebook targeting too narrowly warning?

Targeting Too Narrowly -- You must target a larger audience. Your ad is very unlikely to be displayed on the site with the narrow targeting options you've chosen. Please update your targeting selections to widen your audience, as indicated by the "Estimated Reach" shown next to your choices.

I was like WTF! The audience I'm targeting has more than 20 peoples because they are my friends and friends of friends of which most of them has more than 1000 friends. If I include the pages they like, the audience should definitely be more than 50000 peoples.

2. Bendo13 profile image80
    Bendo13posted 7 years ago

You have to wait until you have a few more friends or more people "like" your page if that's what you're advertising.

The estimations are always low... I went through that myself until I had maybe a hundred or so fans.  It is smart to advertise to people who are friends of people who already liked your page but you have to wait until you have a bigger audience.

3. DanuckInUSA profile image60
    DanuckInUSAposted 7 years ago

Generalize your specifications slightly.

4. hotwebideas profile image73
    hotwebideasposted 6 years ago

I perform Facebook marketing for our clients (and have written hubs on it as well) and find that you simply need to perform these steps:

1. Take off the gender selection. In other words, do not target just men or women.

2. Increase your age range.

3. Take off any keywords that you need or refine them to a broader audience.

working