jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How long until facebook becomes a thing of the past?

1. CrazyNorw3gian13 profile image59
    CrazyNorw3gian13posted 6 years ago

How long until facebook becomes a thing of the past?

I know when I was using myspace it seemed like it would never get old, but now it's the butt of every social media joke. So when will facebook see the same fate, if ever? And what kind of social media will replace it?

2. Esrom Art profile image65
    Esrom Artposted 6 years ago

As long as Facebook make innovation to renew its services, they will keep survives. Nevertheless, social networking is fragile, people will turn to others new attractive social media. In my prediction, Facebook will decrease for the next 2-3 years. Just use social media which suitable for you.

Not everybody like Facebook, read:
    Sorry, I don’t have Facebook

3. breathe2travel profile image80
    breathe2travelposted 6 years ago

Hmmmm.... if it continues to morph into a web replacement rather than a social media, it may see a demise.  For example, you can now have e-stores on facebook.  No, thank you.  I'd like to stick to keeping up with friends!  Commerce is actually a "turn-off" for me.

I think it'll be here to stay... but, I could be wrong!  Who knows -- ten years ago, did we think our phones would do as much as they do today -- so affordably?  20 years ago, only the "upper class" could afford the brickphone... remember?

Technology changes, social patterns change -- good question, CrazyNorw3gian!

4. WebsiteRockstars profile image60
    WebsiteRockstarsposted 6 years ago

It does seem like they are constantly progressing and that is what will keep them around for awhile.  Where MySpace, Friendster, etc. failed was that they stopped at some point because they thought they were good enough.