jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Need urgent help for laptop!

1. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Need urgent help for laptop!

I have a Toshiba Satellite C660-120 Laptop. While I was out with his Mum my nephew used the laptop, the screen froze on him and he could not get it to clear or to get the computer to shut down. In his panic he took out the battery pack from the base. When I later put the laptop on I am getting intermittent bleeping noises but there is not display, the screen is blank? Any help would be very greatfully received so many thanks in advance.

2. borge_009 profile image80
    borge_009posted 6 years ago

hi, the beeps that your laptop made may indicate that something is wrong with your laptop. It may be hardware issues.  Try to check the RAM and HDD.  But the best thing that you should do is to hire or let someone (a professional technician) fix it.

3. ishadi profile image61
    ishadiposted 6 years ago

Cause damage to your laptop is RAM is loose or dirty. To clean a dirty RAM, try to pull the RAM, clean the gold layer with a pencil eraser. Then put it back in the laptop. Hopefully helpful.

4. PMS9 profile image72
    PMS9posted 6 years ago

Remove RAM from slot and put again, If it doesn't works and still beeping, then Replace RAM to new one.
    If still problem not solved then it may be display problem, so, give it to service center, better than doing self-experiments.