jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Any right handers here using left handed mouse?

1. registerdomains profile image64
    registerdomainsposted 6 years ago

Any right handers here using left handed mouse?

I am getting pain into my right hand after long hours of computer usage. Mainly because my right hand works hard with the mouse (left hand is idle most of the time). I am considering getting a left handed mouse to share the load to both hands. Any person here did this? Please share tips...

2. AndroidSuperFan profile image58
    AndroidSuperFanposted 6 years ago

just get a mouse that can be used with either hand. Switch it periodically. you can change the orientation very easily in the mouse settings.

3. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

When I visit my sister and use her computer I have to use a left hand mouse - as obviously she is left-handed - it is a bit difficult at first but once you practice a little bit, you can use the left hand very well. My only tip is really to be patient and keep working at it. It doesn't take long to get used to it.

4. supplies expert profile image60
    supplies expertposted 6 years ago

I had recently broken my hand, and had to switch to a left handed mouse, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I think it's a pretty simple switch, If you play video games too, think about the left hand on a controller it's just second nature after a little while.

5. junkseller profile image84
    junksellerposted 6 years ago

My mouse is symmetrical (the shape anyway ), but I have been using it with my left hand for a few months now (because of pain in my right shoulder).

I have gotten surprisingly good with it. I don't really notice it too much. It is a little slower and I don't think I would have the finesse for doing something like photoshop, but for general use I get along just fine.

You might also just try a different mouse for your right hand. I have used some that are just uncomfortable - especially the small travel size types. Or try altering other ergonomic factors: arm height, desk height, chair height, wrist rest, etc.