jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is Google+ going to take over as a social network, or is it just like Facebook a

1. ThePracticalMommy profile image96
    ThePracticalMommyposted 6 years ago

Is Google+ going to take over as a social network, or is it just like Facebook and Twitter?

2. marstoblog profile image72
    marstoblogposted 6 years ago

I think that it certainly won't take over as a social network as it is very similar to Facebook from what I've seen and I can't imagine people are going to start on another social website.

3. mad goat profile image62
    mad goatposted 6 years ago

agree - don't think it's gonna take over.
    It brings no interesting new ways to communicate over other mediums already in use. BUT, the +1 on links IS a powerful tool of sharing information and analyzing people choices. Although you can also 'share' in facebook and such, the "+1" in google search results page is somewhat more direct and instant. However, it doesn't seem like a mature social networking, only a foothold project of google.

4. supplies expert profile image59
    supplies expertposted 6 years ago

The most interesting part of Google+ that I've seen so far, is the "Huddle" feature.  Although Facebook has its own Facebook chat, Google's Huddle is far more advance.  The reason I think Google+ will really be a dominant force is because of the fact that their mobile applications are far more developed than any Facebook App I have used yet.  The huddle is going to be an ideal alternative to texting, and will definitely surpass Facebook's chat in the functionality. 

Although I do not believe this will be a quick battle, it's going to be a long war between Facebook and Google+ considering that Google has a long way to catch up to Facebook's stronghold on the market.  But, if Google can stay one step ahead of Facebook throughout, I believe there is a shot.  Google+ also will be tied with a lot of other Google Apps, and can become more useful considering everything that Google can tie into their Google+ project.  I think it should be interesting to see what happens though.

As for Google's +1 button, I actually don't know how I feel about that affecting my search results.  Although I'm very close with many of my friends, I may not like the same movie, or same restaurants as them and realistically I would not like that to change my search results.

5. WebsiteRockstars profile image59
    WebsiteRockstarsposted 6 years ago

I think it has a chance to take over.  It does everything FB, Twitter and Skype do.  Less noise too!