What is the history of MICROSOFT ?

1. aakashmech profile image59
    aakashmechposted 6 years ago

What is the history of MICROSOFT ?

2. Obscure_Treasures profile image54
    Obscure_Treasuresposted 6 years ago

In 1983, Microsoft announced the development of Windows, a graphical user interface (GUI) for its own operating system (MS-DOS), which had shipped for IBM PC and compatible computers since 1981. The product line has changed from a GUI product to a modern operating system over two families of design, each with its own codebase and default file system.

The 3.x and 4.x family includes Windows 3.11, Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows Me. Windows for Workgroups 3.11 achieved the breakthrough from 16- to 32-bit networking and 32-bit disk access. Windows 95 completed the migration to 32-bit code and started an entirely new user interface, most of which is still used today.

3. supplies expert profile image61
    supplies expertposted 6 years ago

If you're interested in the history of Microsoft, a great movie to watch is Pirates of the Silicon Valley.  I watched it a few years back and thought it was a real interesting movie that details the start of Microsoft and Apple.  From other research I've done it seems to be pretty accurate.  Although it doesn't go too much into the future, just more about the start up of each.