Is it worth it to upgrade a mid-2009 MacBook Air to the new 2011 version?

1. livelonger profile image94
    livelongerposted 6 years ago

Is it worth it to upgrade a mid-2009 MacBook Air to the new 2011 version?

I don't do a ton of processor-intensive activities except watch Flash/Silverlight video (YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, etc.). My current mid-2009 (2nd generation) Air can heat up and downclock the video. Does the newest Air have this problem? Are other enhancements worth the upgrade? (I'm currently using 10.6 Snow Leopard)

2. profile image0
    hasbenposted 6 years ago

Yes. The new macbook air is a worthy upgrade. The have changed alot of things in the new air. And I have heard it runs cooler too. Also the new air is not underpowered like the old ones.

Unless you really want the portability. You could try a macbook pro 13.3 for a lower price.

Also since you are not doing anything intensive you could go for a PC with the new macbook air specs for $400-$500 lower.

3. adeang profile image60
    adeangposted 6 years ago

The new mac book air has the new intel processors i5 and i7 so it can multitask and run programs faster. It also has the thunderbolt port so you can plug in a variety of things such as monitors and external hard drives and it transfers data at 10GBS twice as fast as USB 3.0, and 12 times as fast as FireWire 800.

working