jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Will a female Blog Avatar make you more successful as opposed to showing yoursel

1. whoisbid profile image75
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

Will a female Blog Avatar make you more successful as opposed to showing yourself as a man?

Some time back I discovered that several very popular Blog and Social Network Channels being run by females were not actually female but males who had decided that showing themself as a woman (especially with a nice photo) worked much better for them. Do you think that posing as a woman on the internet will get you to where to where you want to be in a shorter period of time?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5475418_f260.jpg

2. CZCZCZ profile image85
    CZCZCZposted 6 years ago

It's worth a try, I think there is something to do this that would be worth trying out with a second account even if it was just for fun to test.

3. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 6 years ago

I look at content.  If the writing is good, Bozo the Clown or Mr. Magoo could be writing it.  What it comes down to is the writing.  I'm not in the market for photographs when I want a good read.

4. anemometers profile image58
    anemometersposted 6 years ago

I would certainly agree that when it comes to things like cosmetics that men do not have much of a chance. I think that in the field of engineering there is less of a chance for a woman to do better than men. I have no idea about other subjects and it would be interesting to see what people have to say about this.

5. supplies expert profile image59
    supplies expertposted 6 years ago

It really depends on the subject, like anemometers had said. I love reading about sports, football, soccer, baseball, etc. I think though that I would rather hear about american football from a man than a woman. Most of the time I'd prefer a man blogger over the woman because the men bloggers are typically ex-players, which gives them not only better knowledge of what is going on, but also gives them the ability to put themselves in the players shoes because they've played the same position doing the same thing as those players. For soccer on the other hand I don't mind who is blogging, women and men have been playing soccer for years. Although, if I am reading about Men's soccer I'd prefer a man to be the blogger because men's soccer differs so much from women's soccer with it's whole style of play and tactics.

working