jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

How will you feel if your wife is more successful than you if you are both in th

1. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

How will you feel if your wife is more successful than you if you are both in the same profession?

and I would like to know from the wives how they would feel if their husband is less successful than them in the same profession/

2. Author Cheryl profile image86
    Author Cherylposted 6 years ago

Well of course I am the wife but I would be fair to say my husband would be happy for me to say the least.  A couple shouldn't be jealous if one is more successful than the other even if they are in the same position.  The one that is successful might just be better at it.  If you love someone you should be happy for them no matter what may fall.

3. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

That`s a pretty stupid question her success is my success too for we are ``ONE``.

4. RavenBiker profile image61
    RavenBikerposted 6 years ago

If you are married, isn't it there an expectation that each member of the marriage do what ever they can for the success and happiness of the other?

Also keep in mind, success is an individual measure.  I know I would be a success if my spouse was a success.

5. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't give a monkey's.

6. IJR112 profile image60
    IJR112posted 6 years ago

I wouldn't really care.  You are both in it together for the benefit of the family.  You should cherish each other's success.

7. profile image35
    LORD ENKIposted 6 years ago

Looser,Looser,Looser and a great big LOOSER!

8. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

As Dave Matthews says, my husband and I are one so whatever success we each have we share.  He would be thrilled for me, and I for him.

9. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 6 years ago

Success is very subjective measure, a professional success is just one type and not always brings you contentment at the end....and also I don't believe that real partners need to compete with each other, they suplement each other according to their strengths...

10. hillymillydee profile image60
    hillymillydeeposted 6 years ago

What more would you feel but to be happy that she is successful. What she's got is what you've got. The only thing you feel is to express your appreciation in the effort and work she had done.

As a wife to my husband my success doesn't mean I am higher than him. My success is for both of us. I will not look down on her because of my accomplishment. Marriage is a sharing , I maybe successful for one thing but not in many things and my husband fills that many things. We share what we have.

11. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 6 years ago

When my husband was in graduate school, I supported us both. It was stressful to me but easy for him. First year out of school, we made within 100 dollars of each other's income. He was proud he got just a little bit more. I reminded him of how close it was, and that the prior two years was much less. He said he appreciated me supporting him, then it was his turn to support "us".
    His income started to rise faster than mine.
    We both had engineering degrees, working full time the first few years of our marriage.
    For men, it is a matter of pride to make more. For women, it is often a matter of lifestyle choices that decrease income, such as when I took time off after having kids and shifted to part time work.
    Most men with a work ethic feel bad if their wife makes more. However, there are lay-abouts happy to have the woman work to support them both. And there are times, such as during medical crisis and bouts of unemployment, that the woman can make much more.
    The norm for most human societies and income brackets is for him to make more. And in better alignment with human nature.