jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Alert For High CPU Usage?

1. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Alert For High CPU Usage?

My Internet Safety programme has shown an 'red' alert a couple of times saying - CPU usage is high. In addition - and I've no idea if it is connected, since I'm a computer dumbo - the computer has been freezing up. Then it is fine again for ages. Any ideas what is happening? Many thanks in advance for any advice!

2. carcro profile image94
    carcroposted 6 years ago

You have one or more programs running that are using up the CPU processing time, so the computer end up in a frozen state. You can launch task manager, ctrl-alt-del keys, and under the applications tab, look for any apps that have a "not responding" note, then click the app in the list and select End Task. Or you can power off your computer for  a few minutes and restart it. If the problem persists, you may want to uninstall the program causing the grief. You may also need more memory or RAM.

3. vibesbyrutchie profile image39
    vibesbyrutchieposted 6 years ago

it could make your computer slow and may be you have too applications or tasks running on your computer so try to reduce them.

4. MichaelStonehill profile image58
    MichaelStonehillposted 6 years ago

Probably one of the programs running on your computer is using 100% of the CPU becuase of heavy computations. If it does not happen too often, or if your computer's processor has 2 CPUs, there is no need for concern.

5. ivantsoft profile image61
    ivantsoftposted 6 years ago

use some good anti virus utility. it seems like malware

working