jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you guys have any tips on choosing a blog name?

1. misspeachesx profile image89
    misspeachesxposted 6 years ago

Do you guys have any tips on choosing a blog name?

I've been pondering the idea of creating a blog in conjunction with my hubpages. Do any of you have blogs that you use to help get traffic to your hubs? And do you have any tips on choosing a blog name? I'm really stuck with that issue smile

2. kmuise profile image80
    kmuiseposted 6 years ago

Hi,

It really, really matters what you're talking about here.

If you want a niche blog then you the name will be closely related to that niche and that will draw readers and SE's to you...

If you're just talking about a blog to promote your Hubs or online writing try creating a site with a business front page, (i.e., you, your services, where you write, sample articles) and then a blog in the site somewhere to keep the content fresh and the site indexed.

I use my hubs to promote my blog and put the header banner in most of my hubs... They are like little extensions of my blog and I thinks that's really cool. 

Let me know how it turns out and if I can do anything to help you can contact me at bloggingdudes@yahoo.com or the blog which is bloggingdudes.com 

I don't know tons but I can help a little bit I'd imagine.

3. mydubaistay profile image60
    mydubaistayposted 6 years ago

It all comes down to the topic and the audience. For example if its a personal blog then you can go ahead with your own name or any short or long sentence that describes you. In my case my personal blog is:
    URL: http://sabeennadeem.blogspot.com/
    but the catchy (or so I like to think wink )
    title is: Walking Eyes and Talking Hands

and the blog that I run for my company is:
    URL: www.mydubaistay.com/blogs/default.aspx
    Title: Dubai Blog or at some cases we call it Dubai Apartments Blog

I saw your hubs and think that you want your blog to be a personal blog but then your hubs are normally related to animals so if you can elaborate the question further then may be it can be answered more precisely.

4. whoisbid profile image76
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

Yeh, it depends on what you are doing. I have an Avatar called "who is bid?" and so everywhere I go I will be using this name so that people who are crazy about finding out where I am blogging and contributing can find me simply by searching google for 1. who is bid 2. whois bid and 3 whoisbid
    I guess WHOISBID is now becoming known to the world ..
    Maybe you can create a character and buy a domain name exactly the same as that character name e.g www.whoispeach -dot/com ?

5. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Do some keyword research that is related to the subject, and craft your title around a well-searched keyword that has low competition.

No, I don't use blogs to get traffic to my hubs, I do it the other way around. I use my hubs to try out ideas for my own sites, and then when the time comes, I turn the idea into a site and use my hubs to drive traffic there. The traffic on Hubpages is controlled by Hubpages. If you ever lose access to your account, or Hubpages shuts down, you lose all those readers too. I can also monetize my own sites much better than my hubs, even though hubs don't do too shabby either. Get them to your own site and get their e-mail so you can communicate directly to them.

6. EndaMac profile image85
    EndaMacposted 6 years ago

It is essential that your blog name contains the keywords that you are going to use.  For example if you were doing a blog on sewing machine reviews then that is what I would call it.  That is good SEO practice.

7. mr-burns profile image60
    mr-burnsposted 6 years ago

Think about the topic and look into what words bring up search results then use that

working