Do you value older technology or electrical gadgets?

1. davenmidtown profile image86
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

Do you value older technology or electrical gadgets?

A digital camera that I bought on ebay arrived today.  I was kind of disappointed that was not what I thought it would be. It uses a floppy disk for storage!  and it must weigh 5 pound.  I bought it for a macro feature and lens it has.  I will say that I am amazed by the pictures it takes.  It blows away my digital camera with newer technology.  When I saw the images... I was thrilled with my purchase.

2. jonte2020 profile image60
    jonte2020posted 6 years ago

Since there are cameras that are taking as good pictures as with your camera, but still has does not use floppy disk, NO. I do not value old technology as something that should be implanted in the NEW!

3. whoisbid profile image76
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

I have found that some older technology is better as well. Some newer devices have lots of features but they are poorly constructed and they use the cheapest materials. Everything looks glossy on the outside but the electro-mechanical elements are trash and the products are flimsy and easily broken. Big companies have to compete to make things cheaper so they put "new" technology in wonderful boxes with colourful designs but if you really want to know if something is good you will have to test it. I have a recognition system protecting a room and that system was bought over 6 years ago. The company went bust but that old system does not fail and I am so impressed. I don't need service for the product because it was made by clever people. I suspect that they might of made the product too good and hence priced themselves out of the market since many people don't know how to tell the difference between low and high quality.

working