Have you ever voted anyone down on the internet?

1. whoisbid profile image76
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

Have you ever voted anyone down on the internet?

I know someone who once did something to make someone's website less popular. It was many years ago and it had to do with a competitor using cloaking techniques to increase his website traffic. He reported it to Google and it worked and his competitor site became less popular because he snitched on him. As time went by, he discovered that even search engines use forms of cloaking techniques  and he was very sorry he reported that guy. He felt it gave him bad karma. Would you report someone if they were doing something that was not illegal but unacceptable to a search engine. Is it your duty?

2. Rachelle Williams profile image91
    Rachelle Williamsposted 6 years ago

Nope, I would never do it because I truly believe that what goes around, comes around.   You get back all of the negative junk you put out into the world.  If you do not like the way someone is doing something, you should do your best to do it better - if that person is your competition, then compete better by providing a better product or service, spend more time marketing, and devote time to helping others who would like to follow in your footsteps.  That is how you get ahead in life.

3. Jean Bakula profile image99
    Jean Bakulaposted 6 years ago

I admit to being tempted, especially with all the preaching that goes on HP. I think I'm a spiritual person, but don't belong to a specific religion. There's so much of it on here, if you hub hop, sometimes 5 out 10 hubs are people quoting scriptures. Plus that's not original content. But as my hand starts to hit the down box, my heart takes over. I don't want to be mean.

working