jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is facebook against avatars?

1. whoisbid profile image76
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

Is facebook against avatars?

I recently signed up with facebook. After a few days I managed to have one hundred friends as an Avatar. I noticed that there are also many other Avatars. Do you think facebook is against Avatar activity? How do people feel when they post a real photo of themselves while Avatars do not? Is it ok to post a picture of yourself with a scarf around your head like the one below? I am interested to know if I could get my account canceled because I do not post my real photograph.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5534611_f260.jpg

2. mr-burns profile image59
    mr-burnsposted 6 years ago

I doubt this is a problem. Many people do this regularly. Avatars can essentially be anything which doesn't exactly have to look like you. If the avatar could be considered offensive then obviousley it might be an issue.

3. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

I use a picture of my cat as my photo on Facebook. I don't see it would make a difference to Facebook.

4. Megan Coxe profile image74
    Megan Coxeposted 6 years ago

As for the second part, you can definitely have a scarf around your head! You don't need to have your real picture up. In fact, you don't even need to be a real person (although I have heard of people's accounts being frozen for this). I've known many people to make a facebook for another person, or a character.

working