jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Weekly Topic Inspiration: Taking the Offensive Against Hackers

1. Simone Smith profile image94
    Simone Smithposted 6 years ago

Weekly Topic Inspiration: Taking the Offensive Against Hackers

Don't know what to write about this week? How about online security?
    Dave Powell proposed this week's theme, explaining "These days, we all know that we should use updated antivirus and firewall software to help keep "malware" out of our PCs. That's a given. But what ELSE are we doing to both protect our PCs and even to strike BACK against the hackers who are trying to get into them?"
    Join us in the forum thread (http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/83656) and make a Hub by answering this question- we look forward to reading about your online security measures!

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5425407_f260.jpg

2. ThoughtSandwiches profile image80
    ThoughtSandwichesposted 6 years ago

This topic intrigues me because of my complete and utter lack of any type of technical knowledge on the subject.  I believe I'm completely ill-equipped to deal with this topic...I mean...I can strike back at hackers? (ninja-style??) Hmm...

So you just hit the 'make a hub' button?  And you have a week to write it?

3. ThoughtSandwiches profile image80
    ThoughtSandwichesposted 6 years ago

There are certain things that occur to a person as they wake up.  A way of ordering the day, really.  The need to pee.  The need for coffee.  The dentist appointment that afternoon.  It is also a time for reflection...
    Like every morning, I was... read more

4. FloraBreenRobison profile image58
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

I am very interested in this subject and any advice I can get.

5. anasshad profile image75
    anasshadposted 6 years ago

Hacking has become a serious headache in recent times. The risks are not only limited to giant companies but also to individuals. This hub deals with the basic but most effective tips and techniques to save your computer and data from hackers. read more

6. Ania L profile image84
    Ania Lposted 6 years ago

If you've ever wondered what antivirus, antispyware and firewall software is actually doing but you were embarrassed to ask then you have got to the right place. Hopefully these down to earth explanations will help you get a better idea what is this all internet security about and why it's so important. read more

7. Glenn Stok profile image98
    Glenn Stokposted 6 years ago

I have taken steps to monitor and stop hacker attacks in real with my own website. Why can't large corporations and government protect their computers? read more

8. LensMan999 profile image54
    LensMan999posted 6 years ago

This will cover industry reports with reference to news sources, subjective reasoning and the possible trickeries used by teenagers to get to the world of hacking. read more

working