jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What would happen if the worlds computer systems went down for good?

1. cyoung35 profile image86
    cyoung35posted 6 years ago

What would happen if the worlds computer systems went down for good?

We have become so dependent on computers. What would happen if today all systems were permanently non operable.

2. BayouDumbbells profile image57
    BayouDumbbellsposted 6 years ago

You must have seen Jurassic Park. Dr. Malcolm says "Life always finds a way".

Well, our situation might not imply that kind of survival. But, may be we humans will come to realize what we have been missing about our own potential.

3. dappledesigns profile image91
    dappledesignsposted 6 years ago

I think some people would rejoice.
    Some would revert quickly to the world they once knew without an overpowering amount of technology.
    Some would read a book.
    Some would try to rebuild.
    Some would be lost.

We would look to our own brains for information or other's instead of google.

People would begin to work collaboratively again.

I think we would find a way to adapt quickly, however I think the the biggest difference is generation based. I grew up in the middle of the burst of the internet, so I knew what it was to not have a computer, and I know what it is to have my job rely solely on a computer. I think the younger generation that has grown up with technology from the start will have a harder time adapting.

4. Dumbledore profile image89
    Dumbledoreposted 6 years ago

No food, no energy, no government, no protection would likely result if all computers in the world went down.  Most everything these days depends on computers and without them there would be mass pandamonium in the streets.  A large portion of the global population would not survive as anarchy would become the global way of life.  The Earth would become a global third-world nation.