jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

HOw can I get rid of my computer's virus and get back all fonctionality?

1. NiaLee profile image60
    NiaLeeposted 6 years ago

HOw can I get rid of my computer's virus and get back all fonctionality?

My son went on a website and alarm messages from mc Afee started appearing all other the screen, anytime we closed a window, 10 other oepend! It lasted for two days, then I tried to use Microsoft Essentials to clean up, it did a good job but all my files and pictures have disappeared and NO more icons on the desktop, no more program to write or launch the internet...the only way I can connect here is by clicking on the mc Afee window that is constantly there and type another adress in there window...WHAT CAN I DO TO RECOVER MY INTERNET LAUNCHING PROGRAMs for free?

2. arksys profile image91
    arksysposted 6 years ago

hmm... not sure what operating system you are using... i'll assume you have xp... rightclick on the desktop and choose properties.
    a window will open, with some tabs at the top... choose desktop.
    at the bottom click the  button cuztomize desktop.
    check my documents, my computer and internet explorer.
    hit ok and you should get the icons on your desktop.

so thats rightclick>properties>desktop>customize desktop>check>ok.

to get your quick launch buttons back ... rightclick anywhere on the blue bar next to the start button. select toolbars>QuickLaunch.

hope that helps... if you need more help send me a msg.

3. NiaLee profile image60
    NiaLeeposted 6 years ago

Thanks so much arksys you made my day. I just finished with that. Be blessed and take care.

4. Dumbledore profile image89
    Dumbledoreposted 6 years ago

Make sure to run an up to date antivirus/ anti-malware scanner after performing the steps specified by arksys.  There is a definate possibility that some software was deposited on the computer that should be eliminated.