jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have you ever notice that you go to a website and then go to another one just to

1. sportsman3000 profile image58
    sportsman3000posted 6 years ago

Have you ever notice that you go to a website and then go to another one just to see ad from the las

t site

2. Blazze profile image58
    Blazzeposted 6 years ago

Yes. I think it's so that each site you go through gets revenues. But correct me if I'm wrong..

3. supplies expert profile image59
    supplies expertposted 6 years ago

well that just shows how everything you do online is being watched.

Say if you go to my website, and I advertise through google, then after you go to my website to check out a product or whatever, you go to another website which has Google Ads on the website itself.

Google has tracking to know what site you just came from before reaching the site with the ads, since Google recognizes you were just on my page and I'm an advertiser they place my ad there just because they think it's still relevant. The more relevant it is, the more clicks that those ads get, which means more profit for Google and the higher possibility for the advertiser to convert that person into a sale or whatever.

4. profile image49
    cloudserverposted 6 years ago

If you read Privacy policies of any advertisement it clearly says that they will be storing some data at client side (ie. your machine) , it happen mostly through cookies. Not only Google rather most of the online advertiser track the site you visit and they consider it part of their algorithm to pick ads for display. if you clear your browsing history then you won't see the same ads. This kind of implementation not only share the website detail rather it share you activity also. For example you go to airline booking and search for flight from place A to B, now you will notice that on other site you will see ads stating Get XXX discount on flight from A to B

working