jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If you found key logging software installed on your workplace computer what woul

1. Magdelene profile image83
    Magdeleneposted 6 years ago

If you found key logging software installed on your workplace computer what would you do?

2. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 6 years ago

Contact your IT department. One possibility is that your work computer is infected with malicious software, which they need to know. The other possibility is that IT uses the software to monitor your activity, in which case, you need to know.

3. goraiasish profile image64
    goraiasishposted 6 years ago

I would try to remove the keylogger by antivirus ..rather than call an expert if i was unsuccessful then i try to suggest one

4. lbramos profile image72
    lbramosposted 6 years ago

It depends on the privileges and know how you have...

First I think you should talk to your supervisor, then alert the IT department.

Don't go straight to the IT department, it maybe them spying you, eheh smile

And as soon as you detect it, run scans in every other computer on the network to make sure no one else is being spied!

5. Dumbledore profile image89
    Dumbledoreposted 6 years ago

Before worying about what to do, the first consideration is how did you discover the hey logging software?  If you took action outside of an acceptable use policy, such as installling unapproved software, then the discovery may be a higher infraction than the discovered software.

Key logging software at times fulfills valid functions, such as checking the amount of input from a data entry operator.

If the discovery was legitimate then the best action is to contact the IT department.

Closed to reply