jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How far would you drive to meet a friend from a social network for the first tim

1. Ann Marie Dwyer profile image84
    Ann Marie Dwyerposted 6 years ago

How far would you drive to meet a friend from a social network for the first time?

Either if you are already on a road trip, how far out of your way would you go or just to pick up and drive to meet someone in person you have gotten acquainted with over the web.

2. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 6 years ago

I would not bother unless I lived in the same town as the person.  I dated a few people online, and I just found it to be disaster, personally.  Now if you are just looking to meet friends, I think that is entirely different.  Hubpages has events where groups of Hubbers meet up, and maybe you could look into attending something like that.

3. jainismus profile image71
    jainismusposted 6 years ago

It depends how important he or she is, and is it He or She. Also on how much I am busy. So it is a complemented thing, so there is no specific answer.

4. Ann Marie Dwyer profile image84
    Ann Marie Dwyerposted 6 years ago

The question is not about internet dating. Merely about friends. Does that change your answer?

5. UXdesign profile image38
    UXdesignposted 6 years ago

I'd probably meet the person only if they're within the same town. If they're willing to meet me halfway somewhere, I might be willing to extend the driving distance a bit. But all in all, I wouldn't bother driving that far. After all, why waste gas when you could simply skype?

working